Dr. Crystal L. Graham
Interim Director Clinical Simulation Laboratory and Clinical Assistant Professor
"I desire that the learner take away from the course both knowledge and the ability to apply the knowledge in a way that benefits both the learner and the patients they will serve."
- Ph.D. – Medical University of South Carolina, 2016
- MSN – Medical University of South Carolina, 2011
- BSN – University of South Carolina, 2008
- ADN – Florence-Darlington Technical College, 2006
- National Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE).
- Graham, C., Atz, T., Phillips, S., Newman, S., & Foronda, C. (2018). Exploration of a racially diverse sample of nursing students’ satisfaction, self-efficacy, and perceptions of simulation using racially diverse manikins: A mixed methods pilot study. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 15, 19-26.
- Worked as a RN from 2006 - 2010. Transitioned to academia in 2010. Currently serve as the Interim Director of Simulation. I teach in pharmacology for undergraduates, Patho/pharm for RN-BSN students, and theory and evidence-based practice for graduate students.
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
NURS 318: Nursing Application of Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, NURS 700: Theoretical & Conceptual Foundation for Nursing, NURS 791: Seminar in Clinical Research
What do you want students to take away from this course?
I desire that the learner take away from the course both knowledge and the ability to apply the knowledge in a way that benefits both the learner and the patients they will serve.
Why did you start teaching?
Teaching has always been a desire of mine. For me, it extends beyond the classroom and is a part of my daily interactions.
What advice would you give to students considering an online program?
It is important to have great time-management and organizational skills. It is also important to communicate regularly with faculty.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in public health?
Dedication, willingness to learn, genuine culture/spirit of inquiry, hardworking, professional, spirit of excellence, and integrity
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Tell us something that your students might find interesting, something they may not know about you.
I have 3 children, am an avid journalist and like to think that I can dance. Music makes me happy.